Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Betty's Primitive Horse Rug

The hooked horse rug on an antique 6 board trunk with hog scrapper candlesticks and an Indian pottery "horse" bowl. Everything on this chest, including the chest is handmade!


Recently, I saw a wonderful primitive hooked rug for sale on : Early Work Mercantile I am very selective about buying anything new but this rug kept calling out to me. It is completely handmade and the colors are a perfect complement to my home and it blends well with the antiques in my home. Plus it is a "horse rug" and I am a horse lover. So after several days of looking and thinking I took the plunge and bought it. When it was delivered to my home, I unwrapped it I got that wonderful goose bump moment when you realize that it is much nicer than the picture on the Internet. It was lovingly made by Betty from " http://primitivebettys.blogspot.com/.




Picture of Nitro taken this past November! Seems like that was a long time ago.

Betty, it looks just perfect in my home, wouldn't you agree? Also, as promised Betty , here is also a picture of my horse, Nitro. I am totally in love with my sweet handsome boy. (he has an amazing resemblance to the horse Hidalgo).

If you get the opportunity go over to Betty's blog. She has some wonderful rugs that are of art and patterns for sale. She has also generously posted some free patterns and these have inspired me to make one of her Valentine cross stitch designs. I will share it in a future post.


Have a wonderful day and keep warm and dry.

3 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Sandy!!! You have SO been on my mind lately!!! I've been telling myself to send you an email but have been working at the soap shop packaging up our new line of egg soap and just have hardly had time to even blog. I hope you are doing so wonderful!!!! Your primitive rug is just GORGEOUS!!! And you're right, it is such a perfect fit for your home ~ and of course your sweet Nitro is amazingly handsome, I know you are in love with him!! Thank you so much for visiting me and I don't want to stay out of touch so long ~ hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I would love to "follow" you....if you would just add the followers gadget :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandy! Thank you for posting the photos. Your new rug does seem to fit just wonderfully in your home. You have some beautiful collections. And as for Nitro... he is an amazingly handsome guy! :)

    Smiles,

    Betty

    ReplyDelete